In an effort to keep my mood up and hopefully get out of this horrible, low, blue stage (something I hoped would have passed by now, but I’m struggling to shake it) I’m aiming to focus on some happy/lovely/funny moments or things i’ve encountered during the day. I’m aiming for five things/moments/times that have been particularly lovely, no matter how trivial. For instance I take great delight in my morning coffee as it’s a thing of joy and a happy start to my day (somewhat silly but definitely true). Hopefully this will be a fairly frequent (if not daily) occurence but the phrase ‘famous last words’ springs to mind as I write this.
Reflecting on 7th April 2015:
1. my frothy coffee in the morning; the buzz of caffeine, the bittersweetness
2. the beaming sun and blue skies as i walked around campus
3. talking to friends about silly things whilst preparing my dinner (whilst watching them knit)
4. listening to Sylvia Plath’s interviews which filled me with joy (her voice is so different to what I’d expected, yet so eloquent and wonderful and beautiful to listen to)
5. skyping with Drew as I haven’t seen him in a while. It’s always comforting to see a familiar face.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed that this will be a regular feature, eh? We could all do with a little reminder of some happy times.
I hope you’ve had a wonderful Tuesday,