…the first sip of tea, feeling worthy, drinks and laughs with friends, cuddling cats and sipping chai lattes, the rush after a good work out at the gym, finishing a book, midnight snacks, being at peace.
Guinea pig hiccups, working in the summer sun, passersby saying hello, sunglasses and lipstick, shorts and skirts and linen shirts, making plans, dandelion seeds floating away on the breeze
the sun shining on my face, the bright bluebells in the garden, the sun shining through the trees, the veins on a leaf, distant laughter, delicate daisy petals, cats when they stretch and lounge in the sun, cherry blossom confetti,the sizzle in the pan, the first sip of wine.
… Is a happy day. I have handed in my final undergraduate essay, managed to get to the doctors and also had a little walk around the shops. It’s great to finally feel able to do those things again! It’s been a difficult few months. They’ve been painful, physically exhausting, frustrating but it’s amazing I made it through (despite my current dishevelled appearance!) today is a happy day, and the start of good things to come. Long may this fabulous feeling continue.
best wishes this Tuesday evening!
This post will be an amalgamation of things that have made me happy over the past few days. I did say I’d post every day but since I’m in my third year of university I’m currently swamped with essay writing and reading (so I’m not surprised it didn’t last). However, here’s some happy things:
1) getting on track to sort out my anxiety/depression (FINALLY). I’m now feeling so much more positive and I’m hoping I’ll be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon
2)eating my only easter egg of the year
3)cooking a tasty dinner of pan-fried salmon fillet with mash, samphire and homemade lemon-cream sauce. It was really delicious and such a treat
4) going to the pub for a few drinks with friends. Even though there was an incident that made me feel very uncomfortable and anxious, I got through it and still had a good time overall
5)bumping into friends I don’t see very often. It’s always a lovely surprise.
What’s made you happy recently?
The 10th April was a happier day because:
1) I woke up early and enjoyed the peace the early morning brings
2) I headed into uni and managed to read 4 journal articles and finish a novel I’ve been reading
3) it was another gloriously sunny day, and I love the way the trees look when the sun is shining
4) I treated myself to some candles
5) I made it through today without panicking, and this felt like a big achievement.
How has your Friday been?
I hope you’re looking forward to the weekend,
In an effort to keep my mood up and hopefully get out of this horrible, low, blue stage (something I hoped would have passed by now, but I’m struggling to shake it) I’m aiming to focus on some happy/lovely/funny moments or things i’ve encountered during the day. I’m aiming for five things/moments/times that have been particularly lovely, no matter how trivial. For instance I take great delight in my morning coffee as it’s a thing of joy and a happy start to my day (somewhat silly but definitely true). Hopefully this will be a fairly frequent (if not daily) occurence but the phrase ‘famous last words’ springs to mind as I write this.
Reflecting on 7th April 2015:
1. my frothy coffee in the morning; the buzz of caffeine, the bittersweetness
2. the beaming sun and blue skies as i walked around campus
3. talking to friends about silly things whilst preparing my dinner (whilst watching them knit)
4. listening to Sylvia Plath’s interviews which filled me with joy (her voice is so different to what I’d expected, yet so eloquent and wonderful and beautiful to listen to)
5. skyping with Drew as I haven’t seen him in a while. It’s always comforting to see a familiar face.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed that this will be a regular feature, eh? We could all do with a little reminder of some happy times.
I hope you’ve had a wonderful Tuesday,