- wrapping up warm in the crisp, cold weather, 2. frothy coffee the first thing in the morning, 3. meeting new people and putting names to faces, 4. sharing tapas and laughter and drinks with Drew, 5. that bubbly, lovely feeling you get when sipping on cava, 6. cosying up under blankets and watching rubbish tv, 7. knowing your best friend is coming to visit, 8. feeling Happy and not Sad, 9. feeling like I’m getting somewhere with hospital appointments, 10. slowly starting to feel at peace with taking meds and everything else.
I know it’s all going to be okay.
1) holding hands, 2)reading in the dark, 3)being tucked up in a warm bed, 4) mini caterpillar cakes, 5) the sun shining through the window in the morning, 6) the frothy top of a steamy hot coffee, 7) baby animals, 8) seeing good friends, 9) planning wonderful days out, 10) realising things are all going to be okay in the end.
… Is a happy day. I have handed in my final undergraduate essay, managed to get to the doctors and also had a little walk around the shops. It’s great to finally feel able to do those things again! It’s been a difficult few months. They’ve been painful, physically exhausting, frustrating but it’s amazing I made it through (despite my current dishevelled appearance!) today is a happy day, and the start of good things to come. Long may this fabulous feeling continue.
best wishes this Tuesday evening!
Again, I’ve been super busy with work so I haven’t had much time to blog, but here are a few things that have helped me through:
2) eating chinese takeaway with Drew
3) catching up a friend and going for hot cookie dough with gelato
4) feeling like I’m getting somewhere with work
5) having long lie-ins
6) enjoying the low pain days
7) late night conversations
8) lighting candles
9) laughing and smiling
10) looking forward to things to come
This post will be an amalgamation of things that have made me happy over the past few days. I did say I’d post every day but since I’m in my third year of university I’m currently swamped with essay writing and reading (so I’m not surprised it didn’t last). However, here’s some happy things:
1) getting on track to sort out my anxiety/depression (FINALLY). I’m now feeling so much more positive and I’m hoping I’ll be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon
2)eating my only easter egg of the year
3)cooking a tasty dinner of pan-fried salmon fillet with mash, samphire and homemade lemon-cream sauce. It was really delicious and such a treat
4) going to the pub for a few drinks with friends. Even though there was an incident that made me feel very uncomfortable and anxious, I got through it and still had a good time overall
5)bumping into friends I don’t see very often. It’s always a lovely surprise.
What’s made you happy recently?
The 10th April was a happier day because:
1) I woke up early and enjoyed the peace the early morning brings
2) I headed into uni and managed to read 4 journal articles and finish a novel I’ve been reading
3) it was another gloriously sunny day, and I love the way the trees look when the sun is shining
4) I treated myself to some candles
5) I made it through today without panicking, and this felt like a big achievement.
How has your Friday been?
I hope you’re looking forward to the weekend,
On the 8th April:
1. Feeling like I’m getting somewhere with planning assignments and getting on with my dissertation
2. My first ice cream of the summery/spring season
3. A gorgeously sunny, beautiful day (so much so I didn’t need my winter coat)
4. Reading by the flickering light of my candles
5. Cooking a ‘fancy’ macaroni cheese (even if I did burn my wrist in the process…ouch!)
I hope you’ve had a wonderful Wednesday.
In an effort to keep my mood up and hopefully get out of this horrible, low, blue stage (something I hoped would have passed by now, but I’m struggling to shake it) I’m aiming to focus on some happy/lovely/funny moments or things i’ve encountered during the day. I’m aiming for five things/moments/times that have been particularly lovely, no matter how trivial. For instance I take great delight in my morning coffee as it’s a thing of joy and a happy start to my day (somewhat silly but definitely true). Hopefully this will be a fairly frequent (if not daily) occurence but the phrase ‘famous last words’ springs to mind as I write this.
Reflecting on 7th April 2015:
1. my frothy coffee in the morning; the buzz of caffeine, the bittersweetness
2. the beaming sun and blue skies as i walked around campus
3. talking to friends about silly things whilst preparing my dinner (whilst watching them knit)
4. listening to Sylvia Plath’s interviews which filled me with joy (her voice is so different to what I’d expected, yet so eloquent and wonderful and beautiful to listen to)
5. skyping with Drew as I haven’t seen him in a while. It’s always comforting to see a familiar face.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed that this will be a regular feature, eh? We could all do with a little reminder of some happy times.
I hope you’ve had a wonderful Tuesday,