The blossom on the trees, bright sunny days, the jolt of caffeine in my morning coffee, the smell of baking bread, laughing with my mum, the smell of well-loved books, the scrawl of bright blue ink from my pen, the crinkle of a packet.
…hot buttered toast, cosy nights in, guinea pig cuddles, sipping milkshakes with lovely friends, genuine smiles, the smell of an old book, crisp sunny days, bright lipstick, freshly baked bread
Hot cups of coffee, guinea pig cuddles, the light of the moon shining through the window, getting lost in a good book, hot showers, sleeping in, relief from pain, finished work, colouring (and avoiding going over the lines) , good friends, big smiles, realising that things will fall into place.
Have a great weekend,
- wrapping up warm in the crisp, cold weather, 2. frothy coffee the first thing in the morning, 3. meeting new people and putting names to faces, 4. sharing tapas and laughter and drinks with Drew, 5. that bubbly, lovely feeling you get when sipping on cava, 6. cosying up under blankets and watching rubbish tv, 7. knowing your best friend is coming to visit, 8. feeling Happy and not Sad, 9. feeling like I’m getting somewhere with hospital appointments, 10. slowly starting to feel at peace with taking meds and everything else.
I know it’s all going to be okay.
1) holding hands, 2)reading in the dark, 3)being tucked up in a warm bed, 4) mini caterpillar cakes, 5) the sun shining through the window in the morning, 6) the frothy top of a steamy hot coffee, 7) baby animals, 8) seeing good friends, 9) planning wonderful days out, 10) realising things are all going to be okay in the end.
… Is a happy day. I have handed in my final undergraduate essay, managed to get to the doctors and also had a little walk around the shops. It’s great to finally feel able to do those things again! It’s been a difficult few months. They’ve been painful, physically exhausting, frustrating but it’s amazing I made it through (despite my current dishevelled appearance!) today is a happy day, and the start of good things to come. Long may this fabulous feeling continue.
best wishes this Tuesday evening!
Again, I’ve been super busy with work so I haven’t had much time to blog, but here are a few things that have helped me through:
2) eating chinese takeaway with Drew
3) catching up a friend and going for hot cookie dough with gelato
4) feeling like I’m getting somewhere with work
5) having long lie-ins
6) enjoying the low pain days
7) late night conversations
8) lighting candles
9) laughing and smiling
10) looking forward to things to come